Do you love designing in the digital space with Mobile and Web User-Experiences and Branding Feels?
Design = Utility + Significance
Are you empathic? Can you easily put yourself in another's position and see how you can improve their day at work or their experience with a computer or smartphone? Are you able to quickly visualize the right visual metaphor that would encompass both Utility and Significance?
Creating and Managing a Brand
Can you see the impact a mark, set of colors, fonts, and imagery have in relation to a product, service, or company? Do you hate when someone changes the aspect ratio of a logo or puts an unapproved filter on it? What about if someone tries to put a logo in 3-dimensions and animation? If these last two make your skin crawl, you may be someone we are looking for.
Can you help us refresh a brand? Currently, we are looking to refresh the Envoc and LA Wallet brands.
Important Note: This position is not an entry-level position, but someone that has been designing user experiences and software interfaces for at least three years. Advancement through the interview process will be heavily influenced by demonstrating past work.
Explainer Videos and One-Pagers
Are you good with doing a quick explainer video using our staff as actors showing use-cases and user journeys with our innovations? We need these created often and quickly.
We also deal with a wide variety of prospects that want something printed. Yes, on paper! This is the old-school "one-pager" that lets our prospects have something they can pass around or read offline. Again, conforming to the brand of our product.
User-Experience-Designer Tasks and Requirements
These are some of the requirements of this position:
- Design and manage multiple client projects in a fast-paced and tight deadline environment without working overtime. Remember, we want to retain our "Best Places to Work in Baton Rouge" for years to come, and we can't do that when we burn out our team.
- Regularly meet with stakeholders for kickoff, discovery, and demonstration meetings. You don't have to wait for a two-week iteration review, show them as you make it and they will love you for it.
- Develop user personas, scenarios, and user flows in order to enhance functionality and usability for key audiences.
- Organize and moderate virtual user testing sessions and surveys based on target audience personas and use cases.
- Ensure mockups meet both visual and textual branding standards.
- Define and document website design standards when necessary.
- Work closely with the most talented development team to create visually compelling and usable websites, apps, and web-based software. We are not talking about some boring accounting system. Have you seen the types of projects and products we create?
What UI-UX Design Tools do we like?
- Figma, Illustrator, UXPin, Proto.io, Sketch, Invision, we really don't mind what you use as long as it is beautiful
- We will then write the application using Maui for mobile apps, and/or React
Do you have these Bonus Powers?
- Graphic Design - Can you help us create cool web banners and imagery to support and manage our brand?
- One-Sheets - Can you help us create one-sheets or decks for our offerings?
- We will not send you to a conference, but you can design our booth
Do your homework on Envoc and ask yourself if you believe you have been discovered as our next Envocean. Make sure you review our values to make sure we would be a match.
What It’s Like to Work Here
how we work
- Collaborate in everything we do.
- Smart, professional, fun, challenge seekers who respect our peers.
- Process-driven but continually work to optimize for efficiency.
- Hire the best, which means only awesome coworkers.
- Providing the best tools, equipment, free drinks, coffee, snacks, and workspace.
- In an “office” that is energizing, modern, and inspiring with open space to collaborate with your fellow Envoceans and private offices to stay in the zone. How else are you expected to create greatness?
what we work on
- Complex browser-based software, rich API’s, business process software, cross-platform mobile apps which serve millions of users, and the underlying hosting environment which may include answer bots, IVR, and live support.
- We work on stimulating projects for clients who believe that innovation can propel their business. The industries we learn about and work directly in include government, retail, finance, maritime, advertising, healthcare, food and beverage, athletics, and more.
- Products such as LA Wallet, OMS, FlipFireSMS, and Spotter
- Internal projects from process improvement, to available R&D time to work on that cool idea you've been wanting to bring to life.
- Innovative and cutting-edge technologies that push boundaries and lead the industry.
what we are not
- A stuffy corporate environment.
- An office with sad beige cubicles (though we do respect dev caves).
- Too big or too small.
- Micromanagers — we hire trusted, professionals and experts then move out of your way.
- In the middle of nowhere. Our main offices in City Farm Baton Rouge and Downtown Hammond are located where high end shops, lively restaurants, and beautiful courtyards are all within walking distance of our office.
100% covered, with affordable options for dental, vision, accident, critical illness, and cancer policies.
Envoc provides a 100% guaranteed match on the first 3% contributed and 50% on the next 2% contributed.
Paid Time Off
10 paid holidays and 2 weeks paid time off accrued annually.
Maternity / Paternity
1 week paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child.
Eligible for discretionary profit sharing after 5 years of employment.
Use it for certifications or continuing education.
Get a spot cash bonus when you refer a great new client or introduce us to a new Envocean.
- Hybrid work arrangement: 2 days in-office (Tuesday & Wednesday), 3 days at home.
- Work in an awesome office at City Farm or historic downtown Hammond near tons of restaurants and shops.
- Life happens. Have a flexible schedule or work from home when you need to.
- Stretch your legs with a standing desk.
- Work with fun co-workers with diverse interests, and attend company-sponsored team-building events.
- Partake in our gigantic wall of snacks and request your favorite treats.
- Expand your skillset with dedicated weekly R&D time.
- Plenty of unstructured time to be creative
- Come hang at steak nights at the boss’s house (the best steaks you’ve ever had, fresh off the grill).
- Coffee. All day.
- The best equipment & software you need to be efficient.
- High respect for work/life balance.
How to Apply
Getting to know someone can take time, but it is a critical step toward creating a lasting relationship. Our application process is designed to help us get to know each other a bit better. The first step is apply here.