We’re looking for an experienced Agile Business Analyst (BA) to join our team in Baton Rouge. Are you a collaborative, passionate problem solver who thrives on building products that make lives easier? We want to work with you.
We work on a variety of projects ranging from websites, custom software, mobile apps, web apps, intranets, and more. Our clients come from various industries including retail, finance, maritime, government, healthcare, food and beverage, and athletics. As a BA you work with our clients to understand their needs and translate those needs into requirements for the developer team. You will be instrumental in the analysis, design, and building of critical and complex custom-designed business applications that use a wide range of the latest technologies. You will play a critical role in creating and maintaining a strategic partnership between clients and technology in an Agile Scrum development environment.
More about Envoc
- We were named among the "Best Places to Work" in the greater Baton Rouge Area for 6 years in a row
- We value learning and growing as professionals and as a company
- We strive to have a team-oriented company culture that makes everyone feel valued and included
- We want the absolute best, or as we like to say, "a better reality," for our employees and our clients
- Our team is collaborative in everything we do, and we’re smart, professional, fun, pun-loving challenge seekers who respect our peers. We work 40 hours a week, no nights or weekends.
Healthcare & Financial
- Health and dental insurance are 100% covered for employees, with affordable options for vision, accident, critical illness, and cancer policies.
- We have 401k Matching after 6 months. Envoc provides a 100% guaranteed match on the first 3% contributed and 50% on the next 2% contributed.
- We have 10 paid holidays and 2 weeks of paid time off per year, accrued annually.
- You can also enjoy a gorgeous beach condo on our yearly Orange Beach, AL trip.
Equipment & Education
- We provide an education stipend to all our employees, which you can use for certifications, conferences, or continuing education. We also provide the best equipment and software so you can be efficient and productive at work.
- Free snacks and drinks request your favorites!
- Plenty of opportunity for growth within the company
- Flexible schedule / working from home available when necessary
- Cash bonuses when you refer a great new client or introduce us to a new Envocean
- Associate’s degree and/or 5+ years’ experience in a technical business analyst role.
- 3+ years’ experience working with Product Owners and Agile developer in the process of defining user needs, documenting user stories, evaluating test scenarios, and validating software releases involving new features or enhancements to existing software.
- Excellent communication and writing skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience).
- 1+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst on an Agile software development team building applications using .NET , SQL Server, React
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Familiarity with test-driven design, responsive web application design, mobile-first design.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the software development lifecycle and agile methodology. Be familiar with all Scrum ceremonies, roles, and responsibilities
- Ability to elicit, draft, prioritize and track user stories to completion.
- All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.
- Translate Product Owner, business, and system needs into requirements for Designers, Developers and Testers to consume and uses requirements elicitation, analysis, specification verification techniques for the purpose.
- Develop knowledge of system capabilities and functions of assigned application software. Use this knowledge to recommend optimal solutions to business requirements that best leverage the product.
- Responsible for the interpretation of business rules, requirements, and processes to ensure proper documentation and guidance is provided for the efficient development of an accurately designed feature set for each project.
- Ensure adherence to project and program processes and lifecycles to ensure business and functional requirements are understood, agreed to, documented and can be traced to measurable project success criteria.
- Facilitate product roadmaps, vision, requirements through meetings and workshops at all user and management levels.
- The Business Analyst may work on multiple requests simultaneously, for more than one user department.
- Work with quality assurance teams to identify needed test data and develop acceptance criteria that ensure expected functionality and features are validated during development sprints.
- Take ownership of the product backlog grooming by collaborating with the Product Owner and the team to prioritize the product backlog.