This position is not remote.
Technology. It’s how we connect with friends down the street or across oceans. It’s how we explore and learn new things. It’s how we do our work and pay our bills. And it’s always changing, evolving to meet needs. What if you could be a part of that change? As an Envocean, you become a part of the evolution, to help create a better reality. You in?
We’re looking for an experienced Interaction Designer to join our team in Baton Rouge. Are you a collaborative, passionate problem solver who thrives on building products that make lives easier? We want to work with you.
We work on a variety of projects ranging from websites, custom software, mobile and web apps, intranets, and more. Our clients come from various industries including retail, finance, maritime, government, healthcare, food and beverage, and athletics.
More about Envoc:
- We were named among the "Best Places to Work" in the greater Baton Rouge Area for 3 years in a row
- We value learning and growing as professionals and as a company
- Our creative team functions as a place to collaborate and share ideas
- We strive to have a team-oriented company culture that makes everyone feel valued and included
- We want the absolute best, or as we like to say, "a better reality," for our employees and our clients
- Our team is collaborative in everything we do, and we’re smart, professional, fun, pun-loving challenge seekers who respect our peers. We work 40 hours a week, no nights or weekends.
Healthcare & Financial
- Health and dental insurance is 100% covered for employees, with affordable options for vision, accident, critical illness, and cancer policies.
- We have 401k Matching after 6 months. Envoc provides a 100% guaranteed match on the first 3% contributed and 50% on the next 2% contributed.
- We have 10 paid holidays and 2 weeks of paid time off per year, accrued annually.
- You can also enjoy a gorgeous beach condo on our yearly Orange Beach, AL trip.
Equipment & Education
- We provide an education stipend to all our employees, which you can use for certifications, conferences, or continuing education. We also provide the best equipment and software so you can be efficient and productive at work.
- Free snacks and drinks, request your favorites!
- Plenty of opportunity for growth within the company
- Flexible schedule / working from home available when necessary
- Cash bonuses when you refer a great new client or introduce us to a new Envocean
- Mid-level to Senior level designer with at least 2 years professional experience as an Interactive, Web, UI/UX, or Visual Designer
- Agency experience preferred
- A strong portfolio of recent design work
- Strong design sense with close attention to details
- Well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques
- Deep understanding of HTML/CSS semantics and standards
- Experience collaborating with developers
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.
- Produce and present work for every phase of a project: research, sitemaps and user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, style tiles/mood boards, and high-fidelity interface comps
- Envision and design solutions that meet the business and technical requirements
- Promote good usability throughout all stages of product development
- Collaborate with developers to ensure design intent is maintained to produce a consistent final product
- Write semantic HTML and CSS for web projects
Nice to Have
- Experience with SASS or other compiled CSS languages (LESS)
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe CC, UX Pin, and/or InVision
- CMS experience (bonus points if you’ve worked with Umbraco)